Here we are!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Satingo 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

hiddenkearney
    Participant

So amazing yet again!! I’m very excited for this community as I am a father of two πŸ‘ΌπŸΌπŸ‘ΌπŸΌ (Aiden 4, Valerie 1) I can’t wait to discuss all the wonderful topics that will arise, and meet some rad new people! Mrs. Webber you’ve done it again! And very honored to recognize Mrs. Olsen in the amazing collaboration!

I’m hiddenK and you can find me on Instagram @hiddenkearney, and on yourzenlife community as well!

Which by the way is awesome the registration works for both! Thanks web team! Another amazing job πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

3GenJen
    Participant

Hi hiddenkearney. I’m not quite sure if I’m the intended user of this site, as my kids are 12 and 14. However, I love the spirit of it so far and would have so loved this site when my kids were little. So far I’m finding that young teens aren’t so very different from toddlers and preschoolers. They have big emotions that can change very quickly. Both also want to increase their independence, but still really need you. They also really want to be heard and understood. Perhaps teens just have bigger appetites and more language? Maybe there will be some other parents here who have older as well as younger kids?

hiddenkearney
      Participant

Hello to you 3GenJen! So wonderful to finally see another person on this community! lol. I definitely think your in the right place, even with older children! In fact best you are here! As you would have much more experience with children, and I look forward to learning from your experiences! I can imagine children are much the same as they get older but with more attitude and require more independence.
      I already see this in my 4yr old son. Just one day after another he seems to get more opinionated, more outspoken, and of course more difficult to deal with lol. But it’s such a wonderful journey for me to see him grow into the man he will become. It actually make me very happy he is this way and not dismissive of his feelings and not always complying with orders. But knowing how I was at 12! I πŸ™πŸ» your not dealing with me! Haha. I was very good and polite to others but when I wanted to really do something, I did it. Which now I can see as a parent how frustrating that must have been for my mother, as my father wasn’t present much in my life. And unfortunately for my mother, she was a push over so I usually got away with it….

Do you have girls/boys/both? You say you wish this site was available in the past, is there anything you wish you would have known then that you know now?

Cheers!

-hiddenk

Satingo
    Participant

Hi there!
    I am happy to share with you my love for two adorable (at least in own father’s opinion) kids. Maxim (11 years, 9 months, 1 week and 1 day) and his younger half-brother David (1 year, 11 months and 6 days today). It is very interesting to observe how children grow on the one hand very similar to each other, but with another absolutely different. I think that it is something like a blessing to see Β how your children grow, later their children, and who will be very lucky will see even more..
    Forest Brotherhood πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.